Isabella offers a free program that trains individuals to work as New York State Certified Nurse’s Aides (CNA's) within a medical setting.
The Certified Nurse Aide Training Program consists of 100 hours of classroom and practical training and a 24-hour internship in meeting the needs of the elderly.
To become eligible to work as a CNA, one must pass a New York State licensing examination. The training course includes preparation for successfully completing the examination. Isabella also pays registration fees for the licensing exam.
Isabella sponsors two CNA Training Programs each year. Ten students are admitted to each training program. Graduates of our program are free to work anywhere. Many CNA's become employees of Isabella Geriatric Center or other medical facilities within our community.
- Must be 18 Years of age or older
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Must have successfully completed an admission exam in English, Mathematics and Composition.
- Must have proof of ability to work in the United States
- A physical exam is required (we provide.)
- Must provide a Photo I.D. and an original Social Security Card.
For more information about the Certified Nurse Aide Training Program call 212-342-9650 or click here to send us a message.