All residents age 60 and over who reside at 11 and 17 Ft. George Hill or at 45 Fairview Avenue are entitled to participate in Fort George VISTAS NORC social and wellness activities. The program is a formal partnership between the buildings Board of Directors, Isabella, and the seniors living in the buildings. It is partly funded by New York City Department for the Aging, and New York State Office for the Aging, as well as private foundations and donations.
NORC staff work with residents to obtain the support services they might need in the event of an illness or emergency. Our Wellness Coordinator can do many things such as provide information about a new diagnosis, help older residents manage their health conditions, or make sure medications are covered by insurance. Social work consultations are offered to all building residents, regardless of age.
The Ft. George VISTAS NORC offers:
- Free consultations with a nurse and social worker
- Coordination of healthcare needs
- Referrals as needed to:
- legal services
- medical providers
- housekeeping services
- home care
- Applications for benefits such as SCRIE, health insurance, prescription coverage, Medicaid, Food Stamps & Meals on Wheels
- Health screenings, exercise programs and relaxation activities
- Educational seminars and counseling on issues in healthcare, finance, and legal matters, such as health care proxies, etc.
- Cultural trips with door-to-door transportation, recreational and social activities.
- Volunteer opportunities
For more information about the Ft. George VISTAS Program call 212-304-1064 or 212-342-9364 or click here to send us a message.